Get the amazing Magenta 5 bat detector with a case and Bats of Britain and Europe book for a discounted price.
The Magenta 5 bat detector is a fantastic device for discovering these amazing flying mammals.
By using special electronics the detector can pick up sounds given off by the bats that are inaudible to humans. This is then converted to a sound that humans can hear.
Bats make up almost a quarter of all of the mammal species in the United Kingdom but these fascinating mammals are suffering a noticeable decline throughout the country.
To find out more about the wonderful bats in the United Kingdom please click here to go to the Bats Conservation Trust website.
Why we love using bat detectors: “It is incredible how much of our wildlife only appears once the sun goes down. There is something magical about hearing the clicks and ticks of bats as they fly around your head on a summer evening”.
- Low noise analogue MEMS microphone with extended high frequency range
- Built in LCD display for accurate readings with red backlighting for easy visibility
- High stability ‘easy tuning’ linear heterodyne oscillator
- New audio circuits
- Usable radius of up to 100 metres
- Increased gain and sensitivity
- Convenient bottom mounted headphone socket (mutes Loudspeaker)
- Line level tape recorder socket – constant level regardless of volume control
- Top lit calibrated frequency dial
- Built-in LED torch
- Made in the UK
- Quartz accurate – displays frequency to within 0.1kHz
- Heterodyne detection
- Frequency – 10-130kHz
- Bandwith – 9 kHz
- Output: 3.5mm stereo headphone socket and 3.5mm stereo jack recording socket
- Output power: 0.5 watts
- Size: 135 x 72 x 27mm
- Power: 4x aaa batteries