The 1.3M pixel 1/3″ image sensor provides clear, high resolution, images and the thumbwheel focus/magnification control allows for fine adjustment of magnification/working distance. The “MicroTouch” function allows a snapshot to be taken by lightly touching the sensor area and results in less “camera shake” than a conventional push button. The 8 built-in white light LED’s with software on/off control allow for good subject illumination and feature adjustable polarization control using the rotating collar located between the clear nose cone and microscope body. The adjustable polarization feature is specifically designed to control reflection and glare that can be a problem when observing metalic/reflective surfaces.
The supplied DinoCapture software for Windows (DinoXcope for MAC O/S 10.4 and above) enables the user to capture still images, real-time video and time-lapsed video streams quickly and easily. Once a still image has been captured text and graphics can easily be added using the built in picture editing tools after which the image can be saved in a selection of resolutions, shared and emailed from within the DinoCapture user interface.
When used with the AM4013ZT4 the DinoCapture software measurement features are enabled allowing measurements such as length, angle and circle circumference can be taken and added to the image as text and graphics for future reference. The AM4013ZT4 also enables access to the calibration function. This feature allows the magnification value to be calibrated against a known measurement and increases the accuracy of the measurements taken.
Dino-Lite USB microscopes can also be used as video devices by applications such as MSN Messenger and Skype. This feature enables a group of remote users to view the microscope output and provides for effective online discussion of the object under inspection.
Features and Technical Specifications
- Resolution – 1.3M Pixels (1280*1024)
- Adjustable magnification – 400x-470x magnification with fine focus control
- Illumination – Built-in 8 white-light LED illumination (Software switchable)
- Video frame rate – Up to 30fps
- Other – MicroTouch snapshot
- Interface – USB2.0 (Cable length approx 180cm)
- Software – DinoCapture for Windows with support for measurement functions, calibration options and additional digital zoom.
- O/S support – Windows 7, Vista, XP. Mac O/S 10.4 and above
- Dimensions – 9.4cm(H) x 3.2cm(D)
- Weight – 95 grams
- CPU – Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz or faster
- O/S – Winodws 7, Vista, XP. Mac O/S 10.4 or above
- RAM – at least 256mb (More reccomended)
- Disk – at least 150mb of available disk space
- VGA card – 16bit or above
- USB – 1 available USB 2.0 port
- CD-ROM Drive
- AM4013ZT4 Dino-Lite PRO USB microscope
- Application CD (DinoCapture software, DinoXcope software, drivers, user manual)
- Cradle Stand
- Storage pouch